By Erik Woudenberg
Read or Download Verenigd (Dutch Edition) PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
There are a vast number of intercourse and gender resonances in game, from the conflict of conventional rules of femininity and athleticism represented by way of woman athletes, to the tradition of homophobia in mainstream male game. regardless of the various sociological and cultural volumes addressing those topics, this assortment is the 1st to target the philosophical writings that they've encouraged.
With a world line-up of individuals, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during recreation. It addresses the various brokers of swap within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in recreation and anti-racism in activity, and the problem to activity this present day.
The Washington Redskins franchise is still essentially the most helpful in expert activities, partially as a result of its simply recognizable, well known, and ecocnomic model. And but “redskins” is a derogatory identify for American Indians. The variety of grassroots campaigns to alter the identify has risen in recent times regardless of the present group owner’s statement that the crew won't ever achieve this.
Mega-events characterize an enormous second within the lifetime of a urban, supplying an invaluable lens wherein we may well examine their cultural, social, political and monetary improvement. within the wake of the foreign Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) matters approximately ’gigantism’ and wider public matters approximately emerging expenditures, it used to be central within the C21st to illustrate the long run advantages that arose for the town and countries from webhosting most effective physical activities.
- Indian Spectacle: College Mascots and the Anxiety of Modern America (Critical Issues in Sport and Society)
- Rethinking Drug Use in Sport: Why the war will never be won (Routledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society)
- Sport, Leisure and Social Justice (Routledge Critical Perspectives on Equality and Social Justice in Sport and Leisure)
- Perspectives on the U.S.-Mexico Soccer Rivalry: Passion and Politics in Red, White, Blue, and Green (Global Culture and Sport Series)
- Crossing Parish Boundaries: Race, Sports, and Catholic Youth in Chicago, 1914-1954 (Historical Studies of Urban America)
Extra resources for Verenigd (Dutch Edition)
Verenigd (Dutch Edition) by Erik Woudenberg