By Jonathan Grix
Read or Download Understanding UK Sport Policy in Context PDF
Best sociology of sports books
There are a huge number of intercourse and gender resonances in recreation, from the conflict of conventional principles of femininity and athleticism represented via lady athletes, to the tradition of homophobia in mainstream male game. regardless of the numerous sociological and cultural volumes addressing those matters, this assortment is the 1st to target the philosophical writings that they have got encouraged.
With a global line-up of members, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during activity. It addresses the various brokers of swap within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in game and anti-racism in recreation, and the problem to recreation at the present time.
The Washington Redskins franchise continues to be probably the most important in expert activities, partly as a result of its simply recognizable, renowned, and ecocnomic model. And but “redskins” is a derogatory identify for American Indians. The variety of grassroots campaigns to alter the identify has risen in recent times regardless of the present staff owner’s statement that the staff won't ever achieve this.
Mega-events characterize a major second within the lifetime of a urban, delivering an invaluable lens in which we may perhaps examine their cultural, social, political and monetary improvement. within the wake of the foreign Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) issues approximately ’gigantism’ and wider public matters approximately emerging expenditures, it was once primary within the C21st to illustrate the longer term merits that arose for town and international locations from web hosting most desirable physical games.
- When Race, Religion, and Sport Collide: Black Athletes at BYU and Beyond (Perspectives on a Multiracial America)
- Sporting Times (Palgrave Studies in the Olympic and Paralympic Games)
- Contemporary Perspectives in Leisure: Meanings, Motives and Lifelong Learning
- Optimism as a personal resource for coping in demanding situations: A notional case study in the field of youth sport
- Fundamentals of Sociology of Sport and Physical Activity (Fundamentals of Sport and Exercise Science)
- The Politics and Culture of Modern Sports
Additional resources for Understanding UK Sport Policy in Context
Understanding UK Sport Policy in Context by Jonathan Grix