By Harold Schechter
• dying anxiety–is your worry of demise basic or off the size?
• You can’t take it with you . . . or are you able to? Wacky wills and peculiar bequests
• The hospice experience–going out in convenience and style
• Deathbed and funeral etiquette–how to aid the loss of life and mourn the lifeless with dignity
• demise on demand–why the right-to-die circulation could be the subsequent colossal thing
• “Good-bye everybody”–famous final words
• The embalmer’s art–all dressed up and nowhere to go
• behind the curtain at your neighborhood funeral home
• substitute burial choices–from coral reefs to outer space
From the chilly, challenging proof of demise to classes within the artwork of loss of life good, from what occurs within the body’s final dwelling moments to what transpires within the floor or within the furnace, from near-death stories to hypothesis at the afterlife, The complete loss of life Catalog leaves no headstone unturned.
From the alternate Paperback edition.
Read or Download The Whole Death Catalog: A Lively Guide to the Bitter End PDF
Best death & grief books
Studies from the 1st variation. "Written with perception and sensitivity for individuals in all phases of grief and restoration, this ebook can be utilized as a source for all caregivers, either specialist and volunteer. .It is vital examining for an individual engaged in bereavement counseling. " --Oncology Nursing discussion board "This e-book for caregivers presents a theoretical framework for knowing the method of bereavement and for exciting additional study.
There's a normal development to lifestyles, convinced occasions that should occur at particular occasions. The demise of a kid at any age, even though, upsets that development, leaving the bereaved to formulate a brand new common. Linda Anderson has survived this sort of loss. In First Tears over the lack of Your baby, she stocks the various knowledge she has realized, and he or she has accrued phrases of convenience from those that have additionally skilled anxious losses.
The main outstanding reward on the earth will be readability. The query we have to give some thought to is “ What are we doing right here, and the place are we going? ” How am i able to enhance myself? How am i able to ‘repair’ myself? harm has been performed in a prior existence and we've got the opportunity to mend it! it is a real tale of heaven and hell, and nonetheless being sane, having undergone all of it.
This delicate rationalization of how to deal with dying has been welcomed by means of bereavement counselors, psychologists, clergy and people touched by means of sorrow. during this multiplied variation, Roberta Temes has enlarged either the subject material and the supplementary fabric in which humans can come to phrases with the phases of grief.
- Handbook of the Sociology of Death, Grief, and Bereavement: A Guide to Theory and Practice
- The American Book of Living and Dying: Lessons in Healing Spiritual Pain
- Death Talk: Conversations with Children and Families (The Systemic Thinking and Practice Series)
- Places Within My Heart
- Grief Relief: Confession Leads To Recovery
Additional resources for The Whole Death Catalog: A Lively Guide to the Bitter End
The Whole Death Catalog: A Lively Guide to the Bitter End by Harold Schechter