By Toni Packer
Read or Download The Silent Question: Meditating in the Stillness of Not-Knowing PDF
Best buddhism books
This superbly written paintings sheds new mild at the origins and nature of Mahayana Buddhism with shut readings of 4 recognized texts—the Lotus Sutra, Diamond Sutra, Tathagatagarbha Sutra, and Vimalakirtinirdesa. Treating those sutras as literary works instead of as hassle-free philosophic or doctrinal treatises, Alan Cole argues that those writings have been conscientiously sculpted to undermine conventional monastic Buddhism and to achieve legitimacy and authority for Mahayana Buddhism because it was once veering clear of Buddhism’s older oral and institutional varieties.
Chacune des grandes religions est porteuse de sagesse. C'est le aspect de départ de cette assortment qui suggest 20 méditations pour penser sa vie et donner du sens à son life. Faut-il chercher à tout savoir ? Sommes-nous responsable de ce qui nous arrive ? Peut-on maîtriser ses émotions ? Doit-on souffrir pour se réaliser ?
In early medieval China thousands of Buddhist miracle texts have been circulated, inaugurating a development that will proceed for hundreds of years. each one story mentioned notable occasions regarding chinese language people and places—events noticeable as verifying claims made in Buddhist scriptures, demonstrating the truth of karmic retribution, or confirming the efficacy of Buddhist devotional practices.
Consumers and Patriarchs breaks new floor within the research of clergy-court kinfolk throughout the tumultuous interval that spanned the cave in of the Tang dynasty (618–907) and the consolidation of the Northern tune (960–1127). this period, referred to as the 5 Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms, has in most cases been characterised as a time of debilitating violence and instability, however it additionally introduced elevated monetary prosperity, neighborhood improvement, and political autonomy to southern territories.
- Zen Skin, Zen Marrow: Will the Real Zen Buddhism Please Stand Up?
- Buddhist Monasticism in East Asia: Places of Practice (Routledge Critical Studies in Buddhism)
- Pratique de la méditation à chaque instant : Petit guide pour nos vies trop occupées (Sciences humainesTraditions) (French Edition)
- The Divine Eye and the Diaspora: Vietnamese Syncretism Becomes Transpacific Caodaism
- Medicine and Compassion: A Tibetan Lama's Guidance for Caregivers
- Les Larmes du Bodhisattva: Enseignements bouddhistes sur la consommation de chair animale (French Edition)
Extra resources for The Silent Question: Meditating in the Stillness of Not-Knowing
The Silent Question: Meditating in the Stillness of Not-Knowing by Toni Packer