By Joey T. Cheng,Jessica L. Tracy,Cameron Anderson
The Psychology of Social Status outlines the foundational insights, key advances, and advancements which have been made within the box to date. The objective of this quantity is to supply an in-depth exploration of the psychology of human prestige, by means of reviewing all of the significant strains of theoretical and empirical paintings which have been performed during this vein. prepared thematically, the amount covers the subsequent areas:
- an summary of numerous widespread overarching theoretical views that experience formed a lot of the present examine on social status.
- exam of the character, demographic, situational, emotional, and cultural underpinnings of prestige attainment, addressing questions on why and the way humans reach status.
- identity of the intra- and inter-personal advantages and prices of owning and missing status.
- rising learn at the organic and physically manifestation of prestige attainment
- A wide evaluate of obtainable study equipment for measuring and experimentally manipulating social status
A key element of this quantity is its interdisciplinary focus. examine on social prestige cuts throughout quite a few educational fields, together with psychology, sociology, anthropology, organizational technology others; therefore the bankruptcy authors are drawn from a equally wide-range of disciplines. Encompassing the present country of data in a thriving and proliferating field, The Psychology of Social Status is a desirable and complete source for researchers, scholars, policy-makers, and others drawn to studying concerning the complicated nature of social prestige, hierarchy, dominance, and power.
Read Online or Download The Psychology of Social Status PDF
Similar personalities books
Featuring an aggregative perception of vulnerability, this booklet presents a brand new framework for realizing person event of, and resilience to, vulnerability and promotes the necessity to locate treatments for publicity to involuntary dependence, the unsecured destiny and the painful past.
This ebook at the beginning was once conceived in 1986 via Weary and Harvey as a revi sion and replace in their 1981 views on Attributional approaches (pub lished by way of Wm. C. Brown," Dubuque, Iowa). notwithstanding: toe wide nature of modern paintings on attributional strategies and the chance to collabo price with Melinda Stanley as a coauthor ended in a plan to enhance a extra finished paintings than the 1981 publication.
Via compelling research of pop culture, excessive tradition and elite designs within the years following the top of the second one global warfare, this publication explores how Britain and its humans have come to phrases with the lack of status stemming from the decline of the British Empire. the result's a quantity that provides new principles on what it truly is to be 'British'.
Bachelorarbeit aus dem Jahr 2013 im Fachbereich Psychologie - Persönlichkeitspsychologie, notice: 1,0, Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Bücher zum Thema Identität, wie der Bestseller von Richard David Precht, „Wer bin ich und wenn ja, wie viele? “ sind in den letzten Jahren immer mehr auf dem Büchermarkt vertreten.
- Parental Descriptions of Child Personality: Developmental Antecedents of the Big Five? (Personality & Clinical Psychology (Hardcover))
- Personality Style at Work: The Secret to Working with (Almost) Anyone
- Stress lass nach!: Wie Gruppen unser Stresserleben beeinflussen (German Edition)
- Über den Umgang mit Borderline-Patienten (German Edition)
- Individual Differences and Personality
- Psychologie der Persönlichkeit: Persönlichkeit; Tiefenpsychologische Erklärungsmodelle; Das Jugendalter; Psychische Störungen (German Edition)
Additional info for The Psychology of Social Status
The Psychology of Social Status by Joey T. Cheng,Jessica L. Tracy,Cameron Anderson