By Robert A. Stebbins
Read or Download The Interrelationship of Leisure and Play: Play as Leisure, Leisure as Play (Leisure Studies in a Global Era) PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
There are a wide number of intercourse and gender resonances in recreation, from the conflict of conventional rules of femininity and athleticism represented via lady athletes, to the tradition of homophobia in mainstream male game. regardless of the numerous sociological and cultural volumes addressing those matters, this assortment is the 1st to target the philosophical writings that they have got encouraged.
With a global line-up of members, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during game. It addresses the various brokers of switch within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in activity and anti-racism in activity, and the problem to activity at the present time.
The Washington Redskins franchise is still essentially the most beneficial in expert activities, partly due to its simply recognizable, well known, and ecocnomic model. And but “redskins” is a derogatory identify for American Indians. The variety of grassroots campaigns to alter the identify has risen lately regardless of the present workforce owner’s statement that the staff won't ever achieve this.
Mega-events signify a huge second within the lifetime of a urban, offering an invaluable lens during which we might examine their cultural, social, political and financial improvement. within the wake of the foreign Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) matters approximately ’gigantism’ and wider public issues approximately emerging expenses, it used to be vital within the C21st to illustrate the longer term merits that arose for the town and international locations from internet hosting most excellent physical games.
- Why Sports Morally Matter (Routledge Critical Studies in Sport)
- Critical Geographies of Sport: Space, Power and Sport in Global Perspective (Routledge Critical Studies in Sport)
- The Organisation and Governance of Top Football Across Europe: An Institutional Perspective (Routledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society)
- Sport Policy Systems and Sport Federations: A Cross-National Perspective
- Gaming the World: How Sports Are Reshaping Global Politics and Culture
- The Global Gym: Gender, Health and Pedagogies (Global Culture and Sport Series)
Extra info for The Interrelationship of Leisure and Play: Play as Leisure, Leisure as Play (Leisure Studies in a Global Era)
The Interrelationship of Leisure and Play: Play as Leisure, Leisure as Play (Leisure Studies in a Global Era) by Robert A. Stebbins