By K. Dixon,T. Gibbons
Read or Download The Impact of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games: Diminishing Contrasts, Increasing Varieties PDF
Best sociology of sports books
There are a extensive number of intercourse and gender resonances in recreation, from the conflict of conventional rules of femininity and athleticism represented via woman athletes, to the tradition of homophobia in mainstream male activity. regardless of the various sociological and cultural volumes addressing those topics, this assortment is the 1st to target the philosophical writings that they've encouraged.
With a global line-up of individuals, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during recreation. It addresses the several brokers of swap within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in activity and anti-racism in game, and the problem to game at the present time.
The Washington Redskins franchise is still probably the most priceless in expert activities, partially due to its simply recognizable, well known, and ecocnomic model. And but “redskins” is a derogatory identify for American Indians. The variety of grassroots campaigns to alter the identify has risen lately regardless of the present crew owner’s statement that the group won't ever achieve this.
Mega-events symbolize a big second within the lifetime of a urban, delivering an invaluable lens wherein we may possibly examine their cultural, social, political and financial improvement. within the wake of the foreign Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) matters approximately ’gigantism’ and wider public matters approximately emerging expenses, it used to be central within the C21st to illustrate the long run advantages that arose for town and international locations from website hosting most advantageous physical activities.
- How College Athletics Are Hurting Girls' Sports: The Pay-to-Play Pipeline
- Reframing Disability?: Media, (Dis)Empowerment, and Voice in the 2012 Paralympics (Routledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society)
- The Politics of the Male Body in Global Sport: The Danish Involvement (Sport in the Global Society - Historical perspectives)
- The Urban Geography of Boxing: Race, Class, and Gender in the Ring (Routledge Research in Sport, Culture and Society)
- How Canadians Communicate V: Sports: 5 (Athabasca University Press)
- Sport, Leisure and Social Justice (Routledge Critical Perspectives on Equality and Social Justice in Sport and Leisure)
Extra info for The Impact of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games: Diminishing Contrasts, Increasing Varieties
The Impact of the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games: Diminishing Contrasts, Increasing Varieties by K. Dixon,T. Gibbons