By J.R. Slosar
In the wake of the 2008-2009 monetary recession, this revealing paintings deals a mental clarification of the way we as a state grapple with strength of will and the way we will be able to increase a brand new and more healthy generation.
• a number of vignettes and case stories illustrate the key issues of the book
• Dozens of study citations on the finish of every chapter
• an intensive bibliography referencing seventy five expert journals and forty eight books
• A accomplished index
Read or Download The Culture of Excess: How America Lost Self-Control and Why We Need to Redefine Success PDF
Similar personalities books
Featuring an aggregative notion of vulnerability, this e-book presents a brand new framework for realizing person adventure of, and resilience to, vulnerability and promotes the necessity to locate treatments for publicity to involuntary dependence, the unsecured destiny and the painful past.
This e-book at the start used to be conceived in 1986 via Weary and Harvey as a revi sion and replace in their 1981 views on Attributional strategies (pub lished via Wm. C. Brown," Dubuque, Iowa). even if: toe huge nature of modern paintings on attributional methods and the chance to collabo price with Melinda Stanley as a coauthor ended in a plan to increase a extra finished paintings than the 1981 booklet.
Via compelling research of pop culture, excessive tradition and elite designs within the years following the top of the second one global warfare, this e-book explores how Britain and its humans have come to phrases with the lack of status stemming from the decline of the British Empire. the result's a quantity that gives new principles on what it really is to be 'British'.
Bachelorarbeit aus dem Jahr 2013 im Fachbereich Psychologie - Persönlichkeitspsychologie, notice: 1,0, Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Bücher zum Thema Identität, wie der Bestseller von Richard David Precht, „Wer bin ich und wenn ja, wie viele? “ sind in den letzten Jahren immer mehr auf dem Büchermarkt vertreten.
- Personality Development: Theoretical, Empirical, and Clinical Investigations of Loevinger's Conception of Ego Development
- Personal Identity and Fractured Selves: Perspectives from Philosophy, Ethics, and Neuroscience
- A Psychodynamic View of Action and Responsibility: Clinical Studies in Subjective Experience
- Selbst- und Zeitmanagement als Erfolgsfaktoren im Studium. Konzept für eine Präsentation (German Edition)
- Mein Vater, der Präsident (Entwicklungsroman) (German Edition)
Extra resources for The Culture of Excess: How America Lost Self-Control and Why We Need to Redefine Success
The Culture of Excess: How America Lost Self-Control and Why We Need to Redefine Success by J.R. Slosar