By Samuel O. Regalado,Sarah K. Fields
Read Online or Download Sport and the Law: Historical and Cultural Intersections (Sport, culture, and society) PDF
Best sociology of sports books
There are a vast number of intercourse and gender resonances in recreation, from the conflict of conventional rules of femininity and athleticism represented by way of woman athletes, to the tradition of homophobia in mainstream male game. regardless of the numerous sociological and cultural volumes addressing those matters, this assortment is the 1st to target the philosophical writings that they have got encouraged.
With a world line-up of participants, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during activity. It addresses different brokers of switch within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in recreation and anti-racism in activity, and the problem to activity at the present time.
The Washington Redskins franchise is still some of the most priceless in specialist activities, partially as a result of its simply recognizable, well known, and ecocnomic model. And but “redskins” is a derogatory identify for American Indians. The variety of grassroots campaigns to alter the identify has risen lately regardless of the present staff owner’s statement that the workforce won't ever accomplish that.
Mega-events signify an incredible second within the lifetime of a urban, supplying an invaluable lens in which we might examine their cultural, social, political and monetary improvement. within the wake of the foreign Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) matters approximately ’gigantism’ and wider public matters approximately emerging expenses, it was once important within the C21st to illustrate the long run merits that arose for the town and international locations from webhosting most effective sporting activities.
- Routledge Handbook of the Philosophy of Sport (Routledge International Handbooks)
- Narratives of Travel and Tourism (Current Developments in the Geographies of Leisure and Tourism)
- The Anatomy of Competition in Sports: The Struggle for Success in Major US Professional Leagues
- Greed and Glory: How Doc Gooden, Donald Trump, Lawrence Taylor, George Steinbrenner, and Ed Koch Ruled New York in the 1980s
- 'Race' and Sport: Critical Race Theory
- The Sexual and Gender Politics of Sport Mega-Events: Roving Colonialism (Routledge Critical Studies in Sport)
Additional info for Sport and the Law: Historical and Cultural Intersections (Sport, culture, and society)
Sport and the Law: Historical and Cultural Intersections (Sport, culture, and society) by Samuel O. Regalado,Sarah K. Fields