By Andy Miah
Read Online or Download Sport 2.0: Transforming Sports for a Digital World (MIT Press) PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
There are a vast number of intercourse and gender resonances in game, from the conflict of conventional rules of femininity and athleticism represented via lady athletes, to the tradition of homophobia in mainstream male recreation. regardless of the various sociological and cultural volumes addressing those matters, this assortment is the 1st to target the philosophical writings that they've encouraged.
With a world line-up of individuals, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during activity. It addresses the several brokers of swap within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in game and anti-racism in activity, and the problem to activity at the present time.
The Washington Redskins franchise continues to be essentially the most worthwhile in specialist activities, partly as a result of its simply recognizable, well known, and ecocnomic model. And but “redskins” is a derogatory identify for American Indians. The variety of grassroots campaigns to alter the identify has risen lately regardless of the present staff owner’s statement that the group won't ever accomplish that.
Mega-events symbolize an enormous second within the lifetime of a urban, supplying an invaluable lens by which we might examine their cultural, social, political and financial improvement. within the wake of the overseas Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) matters approximately ’gigantism’ and wider public issues approximately emerging expenses, it was once significant within the C21st to illustrate the long run merits that arose for the town and international locations from webhosting most appropriate sporting activities.
- Mighty, Mighty Matadors: Estacado High School, Integration, and a Championship Season (Swaim-Paup-Foran Spirit of Sport Series, sponsored by James C. ’74 ... Edgar Paup ’74, & Joseph Wm. & Nancy Foran)
- Children, Media and Playground Cultures: Ethnographic Studies of School Playtimes (Studies in Childhood and Youth)
- Sportliche Aktivitäten von Jugendlichen im Vergleich von städtischen und ländlichen Lebensräumen (German Edition)
- Sport, Culture and Society: An Introduction
- Life Story Research in Sport: Understanding the Experiences of Elite and Professional Athletes through Narrative (Routledge Research in Sport and Exercise Science)
Additional info for Sport 2.0: Transforming Sports for a Digital World (MIT Press)
Sport 2.0: Transforming Sports for a Digital World (MIT Press) by Andy Miah