By Harry Beilin,Peter B. Pufall
This quantity marks the twentieth Anniversary Symposium of the Jean Piaget Society. a number of the American participants have been one of the first to introduce Piaget to developmental and academic psychology within the usa, whereas the various overseas individuals labored with Piaget to increase his software of genetic epistemology and proceed to make major contributions to it.
Within this quantity the opportunity of Piaget's paradigm is reviewed not just because the stuff of ordinary technological know-how, yielding interesting empirical questions that linger inside it, but in addition, and extra importantly, because the stuff of progressive technological know-how, with carrying on with power to comprehensively constitution our brooding about developmental theory.
The confident contribution Piaget's idea has for developmental conception emerges as 4 critical issues within the volume:
- understanding the intentional or semantic element of psychological lifestyles with no forsaking the Piagetian assumption that's rational and dedicated to fact testing;
- examining psychological lifestyles and its improvement as a dialectical relation of functionality and structure--a relation Piaget brought in his learn of the developmental relation among procedural and operational knowledge;
- exploring new and interdisciplinary views on equilibration because the driver of confident adaptive processes;
- understanding social and historic forces in person and cultural development--not inevitably as forces antithetical to Piaget's point of view yet as forces that tackle new which means inside his framework which avoids faulty dichotomies equivalent to the excellence among subjective and aim knowledge.
Read or Download Piaget's Theory: Prospects and Possibilities (Jean Piaget Symposia Series) PDF
Similar developmental psychology books
Tying jointly nearly 4 a long time of neo-Piagetian examine, Cognitive improvement presents a unique serious research and a comparability of techniques throughout neo-Piagetian theories. Like Piaget, neo-Piagetian theorists take a constructivist method of cognitive improvement, are huge in scope, and suppose that cognitive improvement is split into phases with qualitative modifications.
This ebook responds to the absence of a entire attention of the consequences of tradition for kid's peer relationships. even supposing examine during this box has burgeoned in recent times, cultural concerns have frequently been missed. The chapters faucet such matters because the effect of social situations and cultural values on peer relationships, culturally prescribed socialization styles and methods, emotional adventure and legislation in peer interactions, kid's social behaviors in peer interactions, cultural facets of friendships, and peer affects on social and faculty adjustment in cultural context.
Whereas the proposal of generalization suits prominently into cognitive theories of studying, there's strangely little examine literature that takes an outline of the problem from a large multifaceted standpoint. This quantity treatments this via taking a multidisciplinary standpoint on generalization of data from numerous fields linked to Cognitive technological know-how, together with Cognitive Neuroscience, computing device technology, schooling, Linguistics, Developmental technological know-how, and Speech, Language and listening to Sciences.
Cos’hanno in mente i nostri figli quando, appena in grado di parlare, si impegnano con tutta los angeles serietà di cui sono capaci nella costruzione di realtà immaginarie? Come si articolano i loro stati coscienti, apparentemente più simili a un magma fangoso che al trasparente flusso cartesiano di cui ci parlano i filosofi?
- Entwicklungsbedingungen im Kontext der Eltern-Kind-Beziehung: Chancen und Risiken in der Interaktion mit Mutter und Vater (German Edition)
- Gender Differences in Aspirations and Attainment: A Life Course Perspective
- The Role of interest in Learning and Development
- Handbook of Moral Behavior and Development: Volume 3: Application
- Alunni e insegnanti: Costruire culture a scuola (Studi e ricerche) (Italian Edition)
- Play Fighting
Extra info for Piaget's Theory: Prospects and Possibilities (Jean Piaget Symposia Series)
Piaget's Theory: Prospects and Possibilities (Jean Piaget Symposia Series) by Harry Beilin,Peter B. Pufall