By Jacob R. Straus,Matthew E. Glassman
Read Online or Download Party and Procedure in the United States Congress PDF
Best political parties books
This booklet lines the advance of e-government and its purposes throughout Europe, exploring the results of knowledge and conversation expertise (ICTs) upon political motion and procedures. Explores more than a few strategies and subject matters underpinning e-government in Europe:the measure to which e-government interprets into real reform of presidency and public management the twin position of the ecu as either a supplier of e-government via its personal inner actions and likewise as a facilitator or aggregator within the means it seeks to engender switch and advertise its ethos in member states around the ecu cyberterrorism and its use either through terrorists and governments to pursue political agendas.
Political events and elections are the mainsprings of contemporary democracy. during this vintage quantity, Richard S. Katz explores the matter of ways a given electoral method impacts the function of political events and how during which get together participants are elected. He develops and checks a thought of the diversities within the unity, ideological habit, and factor orientation of Western parliamentary events at the foundation of the electoral structures lower than which they compete.
"This ebook is a hugely own glimpse into the area of precinct, district, and county politics. It offers with numerous stripes of the Tammany Tiger and brings into shut concentration probably the most forceful history figures in ny City's political framework. essentially, it's a forty-year landscape of Tammany practices and personalities.
Chantal Mouffe’s writings were innovatory with appreciate to democratic thought, Marxism and feminism. Her paintings derives from, and has regularly been engaged with, modern political occasions and highbrow debates. this feeling of clash informs either the methodological and major propositions she bargains.
- Political Islam and the Secular State in Turkey: Democracy, Reform and the Justice and Development Party (Library of Modern Turkey)
- Humanismo politico (Vida y Pensamiento de Mexico) (Spanish Edition)
- Kemalism in Turkish Politics: The Republican People's Party, Secularism and Nationalism (Routledge Studies in Middle Eastern Politics)
- The Libertarian Reader: Classic and Contemporary Writings from Lao Tzu to
- German Federalism in Transition: Reforms in a Consensual State
- Grand Collusion: How the two parties collude to divide the spoils of governing, corrupting democracy and American capitalism
Additional info for Party and Procedure in the United States Congress
Party and Procedure in the United States Congress by Jacob R. Straus,Matthew E. Glassman