By Andrew Holland,Nicholas Fellows,Mary Dicken
This is an OCR recommended resource
Build powerful topic wisdom and abilities in a degree historical past utilizing the in-depth research and dependent help during this tailored sequence for OCR's British interval stories and enquiries.
- Develops the analytical abilities required to achieve the interval learn by means of establishing the narrative content material round the key concerns for college students to explore
- complements figuring out of the selected old interval, providing a wealth of extracts and assets that supply possibilities to instruction the evaluative talents wanted for the enquiry
- gradually improves learn talents via developmental actions and recommendation on answering perform examination questions
- is helping scholars to check, revise and think of the direction fabric via bankruptcy summaries and revision actions that consolidate subject knowledge
- Equips scholars with transferable serious pondering abilities, providing contrasting educational evaluations that inspire a degree historians to make trained decisions on significant debates
Each name within the OCR a degree heritage sequence includes one or British interval stories and its linked enquiry, supplying whole aid for each choice in Unit staff 1.
Late Medieval England 1199-1455
This name explores the reigns of the English Kings from John to Henry VI via British interval reports and enquiries. It permits an in-depth knowing of the foremost old wisdom, phrases and ideas proper to the interval studied and encourages the serious use of facts in investigating and assessing old questions within the linked enquiries: 'King John 1199-1216' and 'Richard II 1377-1399'.
This name covers the subsequent interval stories and enquiries:
- King John 1199-1216
- England 1216-1272
- Richard II 1377-1399
- England 1399-1455
Read or Download OCR A Level History: Late Medieval England 1199–1455 PDF
Best uk history books
The miners' lockout of 1926 used to be a pivotal second in British twentieth-century heritage. beginning with the heady days of the final strike, it persevered for seven months and affected 1000000 miners. In County Durham, the place nearly 3 in each ten grownup males labored within the coal undefined, its influence used to be profound.
The pageant of england in 1951 reworked the best way humans observed their war-ravaged state. Giving Britons an intimate event of latest layout and sleek development, it helped them settle for a panorama below reconstruction, and taken wish of a higher international to come back. The pageant of england: A Land and Its humans travels past the Festival’s excellent centrepiece at London’s South financial institution, to occasions held the size and breadth of the 4 international locations, to which countless numbers of the country’s maximum architects, artists and architects contributed.
In 1918, the British Expeditionary strength (BEF) performed a severe function in defeating the German military and hence profitable the 1st international struggle. This 'Hundred Days' crusade (August to November 1918) used to be the best sequence of land victories in British army heritage. 1918 additionally observed the construction of the Royal Air strength, the world's first self sustaining air carrier, from the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air provider.
We are living in a time of serious social, political and fiscal concern that many date to the cave in of the worldwide banking procedure in 2008. Many are discovering it tricky to contextualise the hardships that experience taken position within the years following on from these occasions. it really is tough to discover the solutions in our current media panorama, or in a political and highbrow weather that keeps to laud capitalism because the successful economic climate popping out of either global struggle II and the top of the chilly warfare, which has develop into during the last century synonymous with democracy itself.
- German Rabbis in British Exile: From ‘Heimat’ into the Unknown
- A History of the British Cavalry 1816-1919: Volume 3: 1872-1898
- Berwick-Upon-Tweed in the Great War (Your Towns and Cities in the Great War)
- Lewes and Evesham 1264–65: Simon de Montfort and the Barons' War (Campaign)
- May the Twelfth: Mass Observation Day Survey (Mass Observation social surveys Book 1)
- Britain As A Military Power, 1688-1815
Extra info for OCR A Level History: Late Medieval England 1199–1455
OCR A Level History: Late Medieval England 1199–1455 by Andrew Holland,Nicholas Fellows,Mary Dicken