By S. Frawley,D. Adair
Read or Download Managing the Olympics PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
There are a vast number of intercourse and gender resonances in activity, from the conflict of conventional principles of femininity and athleticism represented through girl athletes, to the tradition of homophobia in mainstream male activity. regardless of the various sociological and cultural volumes addressing those matters, this assortment is the 1st to target the philosophical writings that they have got encouraged.
With a global line-up of members, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during recreation. It addresses the several brokers of switch within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in recreation and anti-racism in activity, and the problem to game at the present time.
The Washington Redskins franchise is still essentially the most invaluable in expert activities, partially as a result of its simply recognizable, renowned, and ecocnomic model. And but “redskins” is a derogatory identify for American Indians. The variety of grassroots campaigns to alter the identify has risen in recent times regardless of the present group owner’s statement that the crew won't ever achieve this.
Mega-events symbolize a massive second within the lifetime of a urban, delivering an invaluable lens by which we might examine their cultural, social, political and fiscal improvement. within the wake of the foreign Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) matters approximately ’gigantism’ and wider public matters approximately emerging expenditures, it used to be relevant within the C21st to illustrate the long run advantages that arose for the town and international locations from website hosting most popular exercises.
- Baltimore Sports: Stories from Charm City (Sport, Culture, and Society)
- Routledge International Handbook of Outdoor Studies (Routledge International Handbooks)
- Global Perspectives on Football in Africa: Visualising the Game (Sport in the Global Society – Contemporary Perspectives)
- Higher, Richer, Sleazier: How drugs and money are changing sport forever
- The Research Process in Sport, Exercise and Health: Case Studies of Active Researchers
- Speeding Up Fast Capitalism: Cultures, Jobs, Families, Schools, Bodies
Extra resources for Managing the Olympics
Managing the Olympics by S. Frawley,D. Adair