By Gary Ackerman,Jeremy Tamsett
Explores the Nexus shaped while Malevolent Actors entry Malignant Means
Written for execs, lecturers, and policymakers operating on the vanguard of counterterrorism efforts, Jihadists and guns of Mass Destruction is an authoritative and accomplished paintings addressing the specter of guns of mass destruction (WMD) within the palms of jihadists, either traditionally and searching towards the long run probability surroundings. delivering perception on one of many most efficient defense problems with the 21st century, this seminal source effectively:
- Documents present traits within the ideology, technique, and strategies of jihadists as those relate to WMD
- Includes a bit dedicated to jihadist involvement with chemical, organic, radiological, and nuclear weapons
- Explores the function of intelligence, legislation enforcement, and policymakers in expecting, deterring, and mitigating WMD assaults
- Provides an summary of nonproliferation guidelines designed to maintain WMD out of the fingers of jihadists
- Conducts a groundbreaking quantitative empirical research of jihadist behavior
- Elicits prime specialists’ estimates of the long run WMD chance from jihadists
Leading foreign specialists basically differentiate among peaceable Muslims and jihadists, exploring how jihadists translate their severe and violent ideology into process. in addition they concentrate on WMD aim choice and the unfold of WMD wisdom in jihadist groups. without sensationalism, this multidimensional evaluate provides a heightened point of class to our figuring out of the clients for and nature of jihadist WMD terrorism.
About the Editors
Gary Ackerman is examine Director of the nationwide Consortium for the learn of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START), a division of place of origin safety nationwide middle of Excellence established on the collage of Maryland. His learn paintings makes a speciality of risk overview and terrorism related to unconventional weapons.
Jeremy Tamsett is a specialist for Henley-Putnam college and an analyst on the heart for Terrorism and Intelligence experiences (CETIS), a examine heart devoted to choosing, larger comprehending, and appropriately assessing the current and destiny safety threats stemming from numerous violence-prone extremists and their enablers. He has served as undertaking supervisor for the U.S. executive funded serious Infrastructure Terrorist assault database and international Terrorism Database (GTD).
Read or Download Jihadists and Weapons of Mass Destruction PDF
Similar terrorism books
Sono trascorsi quasi trentacinque anni dall’uccisione di Aldo Moro in step with mano delle Brigate Rosse. Gli storici, gli studiosi e gli interpreti dell’avvenimento hanno analizzato il sequestro, le lettere, le vicende dell’esecuzione, ma non le due immagini scattate allo statista con una macchina Polaroid.
Los angeles morte di Feltrinelli, di Calabresi, di Pinelli, il tentato sequestro Verzotto, i rapporti fra l’Eni e l. a. mafia, il contrabbando tra l. a. Germania Est e Ovest, l. a. strage di piazza Fontana, l’attentato a Rudi Dutschke, l’influenza americana nel secondo dopoguerra, Aginter Press, l. a. Gladio, le operazioni coperte fake Flag.
At the afternoon of September eleven 2001 the Irish major Minister (Taoiseach), Bertie Ahern ordered the ‘heads of the protection prone of key executive departments’ to adopt an entire re-assessment of measures to guard the nation from assault. for that reason, underway inside hours of the Sept. 11 outrage within the usa was once most likely the main far-reaching assessment of Irish nationwide protection in a long time.
Le vociManuel Agnelli Maurizio Bologna Salvatore Borsellino Ninni Bruschetta Loredana Cannata Fabio Caressa Giancarla Codrignani Lella Costa Giobbe Covatta Jacopo Fo Annalisa Insardà Canio Loguercio Fiorella Mannoia Neri Marcorè Bruno Morchio Alberta Nunziante Michela Ponzani Carmela Ricci David Riondino Andrea Satta Vauro Senesi Daniele Silvestri Sergio Staino Flavio Tranquillo Dario Vergassola Stefano VigilanteDi tutti gli anni della nostra storia recente, uno di quelli che resterà in line with sempre impresso nella mente degli italiani è sicuramente il 1992.
- Madrasas in South Asia: Teaching Terror? (Routledge Contemporary South Asia Series)
- Shaking Hands with the Devil: The Intersection of Terrorism and Theology
- The Terrorist Identity: Explaining the Terrorist Threat (Alternative Criminology)
- Negotiating with Terrorists: Strategy, Tactics, and Politics (Political Violence)
- Contemporary Terror: Studies in Sub-State Violence (Routledge Revivals)
Extra resources for Jihadists and Weapons of Mass Destruction
Jihadists and Weapons of Mass Destruction by Gary Ackerman,Jeremy Tamsett