By K. Woodward
Read Online or Download Embodied Sporting Practices: Regulating and Regulatory Bodies PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
There are a wide number of intercourse and gender resonances in recreation, from the conflict of conventional principles of femininity and athleticism represented by way of woman athletes, to the tradition of homophobia in mainstream male activity. regardless of the numerous sociological and cultural volumes addressing those matters, this assortment is the 1st to target the philosophical writings that they've encouraged.
With a global line-up of individuals, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during recreation. It addresses the various brokers of switch within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in recreation and anti-racism in game, and the problem to activity this present day.
The Washington Redskins franchise continues to be probably the most priceless in expert activities, partially as a result of its simply recognizable, well known, and ecocnomic model. And but “redskins” is a derogatory identify for American Indians. The variety of grassroots campaigns to alter the identify has risen lately regardless of the present group owner’s statement that the workforce won't ever achieve this.
Mega-events symbolize an incredible second within the lifetime of a urban, supplying an invaluable lens by which we may possibly examine their cultural, social, political and financial improvement. within the wake of the overseas Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) issues approximately ’gigantism’ and wider public issues approximately emerging charges, it used to be crucial within the C21st to illustrate the longer term merits that arose for the town and international locations from web hosting most excellent physical activities.
- Dope: A History of Performance Enhancement in Sports from the Nineteenth Century to Today
- Fundamentals of Sociology of Sport and Physical Activity (Fundamentals of Sport and Exercise Science)
- The Global Football League: Transnational Networks, Social Movements and Sport in the New Media Age (Global Culture and Sport Series)
- Was ist Gesundheit: Gesellschaftliche Probleme, Risikofaktoren, Gesundheitsbewusstsein und Gesundheitsgefahren durch Sport (German Edition)
- Sport and American Society: Exceptionalism, Insularity, ‘Imperialism’ (Sport in the Global Society)
- Sport and the Transformation of Modern Europe: States, media and markets 1950-2010 (CRESC)
Additional resources for Embodied Sporting Practices: Regulating and Regulatory Bodies
Embodied Sporting Practices: Regulating and Regulatory Bodies by K. Woodward