By Henry R. Hermann
Dominance and Aggression in people and different Animals: the good video game of Life examines human nature and the effect of evolution, genetics, chemistry, nurture, and the sociopolitical atmosphere as a fashion of figuring out how and why people behave in competitive and dominant ways. The publication walks us via aggression in different social species, compares and contrasts human habit to different animals, after which explores particular human behaviors like bullying, abuse, territoriality homicide, and war. The publication examines either person and crew aggression in numerous environments together with paintings, college, and the home. It explores universal stressors triggering competitive behaviors, and the way person personalities should be susceptible to, or proof against, those stressors. The publication closes with an exploration of the cumulative influence of human aggression and dominance at the traditional world.
- Reviews the impact of evolution, genetics, biochemistry, and nurture on aggression
- Explores aggression in a number of species, together with bugs, fish, reptiles, birds, and mammals
- Compares human and animal competitive and dominant behavior
- Examines bullying, abuse, territoriality, homicide, and war
- Includes nonaggressive habit in screens of recognize and tolerance
- Highlights aggression triggers from medicinal drugs to stress
- Discusses person and team habit, together with firms and nations
- Probes dominance and aggression in faith and politics
- Translates the impression of human habit through the years at the average world
Read or Download Dominance and Aggression in Humans and Other Animals: The Great Game of Life PDF
Best personalities books
Presenting an aggregative belief of vulnerability, this booklet presents a brand new framework for realizing person adventure of, and resilience to, vulnerability and promotes the necessity to locate treatments for publicity to involuntary dependence, the unsecured destiny and the painful past.
This e-book at first was once conceived in 1986 via Weary and Harvey as a revi sion and replace in their 1981 views on Attributional procedures (pub lished through Wm. C. Brown," Dubuque, Iowa). although: toe wide nature of modern paintings on attributional techniques and the chance to collabo cost with Melinda Stanley as a coauthor resulted in a plan to improve a extra finished paintings than the 1981 ebook.
Via compelling research of pop culture, excessive tradition and elite designs within the years following the tip of the second one global battle, this publication explores how Britain and its humans have come to phrases with the lack of status stemming from the decline of the British Empire. the result's a quantity that gives new rules on what it truly is to be 'British'.
Bachelorarbeit aus dem Jahr 2013 im Fachbereich Psychologie - Persönlichkeitspsychologie, observe: 1,0, Eberhard-Karls-Universität Tübingen, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Bücher zum Thema Identität, wie der Bestseller von Richard David Precht, „Wer bin ich und wenn ja, wie viele? “ sind in den letzten Jahren immer mehr auf dem Büchermarkt vertreten.
- Narcissists Exposed - 75 Things Narcissists Don't Want You to Know
- The Psychopolitics of the Oriental Father: Between Omnipotence and Emasculation (Studies in the Psychosocial)
- The Neurotic Personality (International Library of Psychology)
- Personal Control in Action: Cognitive and Motivational Mechanisms (The Springer Series in Social Clinical Psychology)
- The Human in Command: Exploring the Modern Military Experience
Extra resources for Dominance and Aggression in Humans and Other Animals: The Great Game of Life
Dominance and Aggression in Humans and Other Animals: The Great Game of Life by Henry R. Hermann