By D. Chatziefstathiou,I. Henry
Read or Download Discourses of Olympism: From the Sorbonne 1894 to London 2012 (Global Culture and Sport Series) PDF
Similar sociology of sports books
There are a extensive number of intercourse and gender resonances in activity, from the conflict of conventional principles of femininity and athleticism represented by means of woman athletes, to the tradition of homophobia in mainstream male activity. regardless of the various sociological and cultural volumes addressing those topics, this assortment is the 1st to target the philosophical writings that they have got encouraged.
With a global line-up of participants, this book examines demanding situations to racism in and during game. It addresses the several brokers of swap within the context of wider socio-political shifts and explores problems with coverage formation, practices in recreation and anti-racism in game, and the problem to recreation this day.
The Washington Redskins franchise continues to be probably the most priceless in expert activities, partly due to its simply recognizable, well known, and ecocnomic model. And but “redskins” is a derogatory identify for American Indians. The variety of grassroots campaigns to alter the identify has risen in recent times regardless of the present staff owner’s statement that the staff won't ever accomplish that.
Mega-events signify a huge second within the lifetime of a urban, offering an invaluable lens during which we might examine their cultural, social, political and fiscal improvement. within the wake of the foreign Olympic Committee’s (IOC’s) issues approximately ’gigantism’ and wider public matters approximately emerging expenses, it was once central within the C21st to illustrate the longer term advantages that arose for town and countries from web hosting most suitable exercises.
- Leisure’s Legacy: Challenging the Common Sense View of Free Time (Leisure Studies in a Global Era)
- Sports Heroes, Fallen Idols
- The Sexual and Gender Politics of Sport Mega-Events: Roving Colonialism (Routledge Critical Studies in Sport)
- Sport und Gewalt. Sozialwissenschaftliche Ansätze zur Erklärung eines prekären Phänomens (German Edition)
- Fighters, Girls and Other Identities: Sociolinguistics in a Martial Arts Club (Encounters)
- This Is Your Brain on Sports: The Science of Underdogs, the Value of Rivalry, and What We Can Learn from the T-Shirt Cannon
Additional resources for Discourses of Olympism: From the Sorbonne 1894 to London 2012 (Global Culture and Sport Series)
Discourses of Olympism: From the Sorbonne 1894 to London 2012 (Global Culture and Sport Series) by D. Chatziefstathiou,I. Henry