By Nick Shepley,Mike Byrne
Exam Board: AQA
First instructing: September 2015
First examination: June 2016
Enhance and extend your scholars' wisdom and knowing in their AQA breadth research via professional narrative, revolutionary talents improvement and bespoke essays from major historians on key debates.
- Builds scholars' figuring out of the occasions and problems with the interval with authoritative, well-researched narrative that covers the specification content
- Introduces the foremost suggestions of swap, continuity, reason and final result, encouraging scholars to make comparisons throughout time as they boost during the course
- Improves scholars' abilities in tackling interpretation questions and essay writing through supplying transparent assistance and perform activities
- Boosts scholars' interpretative abilities and curiosity in background via prolonged analyzing possibilities inclusive of in particular commissioned essays from practicing historians on appropriate debates
- Cements realizing of the large concerns underpinning the interval with overviews of the foremost questions, end-of-chapter summaries and diagrams that double up as convenient revision aids
Democracy, Empire and struggle: Britain 1851-1964
This identify explores political and social reform 1851-1914, the impression of either international Wars, the production of the Welfare country and the transformational social adjustments of the Nineteen Fifties and Sixties. It considers breadth problems with switch, continuity, reason and final result during this interval via interpreting key questions about issues comparable to democracy, ideology, economic climate, society, Britain's' place on this planet and the effect of key individuals.
Read or Download AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History) PDF
Similar uk history books
The miners' lockout of 1926 used to be a pivotal second in British twentieth-century background. starting with the heady days of the overall strike, it persisted for seven months and affected a million miners. In County Durham, the place virtually 3 in each ten grownup males labored within the coal undefined, its influence was once profound.
The competition of england in 1951 reworked the way in which humans observed their war-ravaged country. Giving Britons an intimate adventure of up to date layout and smooth construction, it helped them settle for a panorama less than reconstruction, and taken desire of a higher global to come back. The competition of england: A Land and Its humans travels past the Festival’s excellent centrepiece at London’s South financial institution, to occasions held the size and breadth of the 4 countries, to which 1000s of the country’s maximum architects, artists and architects contributed.
In 1918, the British Expeditionary strength (BEF) performed a serious position in defeating the German military and therefore successful the 1st international battle. This 'Hundred Days' crusade (August to November 1918) used to be the best sequence of land victories in British army historical past. 1918 additionally observed the construction of the Royal Air strength, the world's first autonomous air provider, from the Royal Flying Corps and the Royal Naval Air carrier.
We are living in a time of serious social, political and financial concern that many date to the cave in of the worldwide banking method in 2008. Many are discovering it tough to contextualise the hardships that experience taken position within the years following on from these occasions. it really is tricky to discover the solutions in our current media panorama, or in a political and highbrow weather that maintains to laud capitalism because the successful economy popping out of either international warfare II and the top of the chilly warfare, which has develop into over the past century synonymous with democracy itself.
- Cambridgeshire Buses
- Victorian Political Culture: 'Habits of Heart and Mind'
- Bognor and the GPO
- Legendary Ayrshire
- Propaganda and Hogarth's Line of Beauty in the First World War
Extra info for AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History)
AQA A-level History: Britain 1851-1964: Challenge and Transformation (AQA A Level History) by Nick Shepley,Mike Byrne