By D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan
- Offers the 1st entire connection with the anthropological research of complicated organizations
- Details how organizational idea and examine in company has followed anthropology’s key notion of tradition, inspiring new insights into organizational dynamics and development
- Highlights pioneering theoretical views starting from symbolic and semiotic ways to neuroscientific frameworks for learning modern organizations
- Addresses the comparative and cross-cultural dimensions of firm organisations and of non-governmental organisations operating within the globalizing economy
- Topics coated comprise organizational dynamics, entrepreneurship, innovation, social networks, cognitive types and group development, organizational dysfunctions, international networked organisations, NGOs, unions, digital groups, company tradition and social responsibility
- Presents a physique of labor that displays the breadth and intensity of the sector of organizational anthropology and makes the case for the significance of the sector within the anthropology of the twenty-first century
Read or Download A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Best anthropology books
What's Cultural historical past? has tested itself as a necessary consultant to what cultural historians do and the way they do it. Now totally up to date in its moment variation, best historian Peter Burke bargains afresh his available advisor to the earlier, current and way forward for cultural heritage, because it has been practised not just within the English-speaking international, but in addition in Continental Europe, Asia, South the United States and in different places.
The word “a powerful paintings ethic” conjures pictures of hard-driving staff operating diligently for lengthy hours. yet the place did this perfect come from, and the way has it been buffeted by way of adjustments in paintings itself? whereas possible rooted in America’s Puritan historical past, perceptions of labor ethic have really passed through a number of differences over the centuries.
This ebook offers an up to date creation to the $64000 and growing to be box of city anthropology. this is often an more and more severe region of research, as greater than 1/2 the world's inhabitants now lives in towns and anthropological examine is more and more performed in an city context. Exploring modern anthropological techniques to the city, the authors consider:How do we outline city anthropology?
Explores encounters among those that make their residing by means of accomplishing street-based prostitution and the legal justice and social provider staff who try and curtail it Working jointly each day, the lives of intercourse staff, law enforcement officials, public defenders, and social provider prone are profoundly intertwined, but their relationships are frequently adverse and rooted in essentially fake assumptions.
- Powhatan Lords of Life and Death: Command and Consent in Seventeenth-Century Virginia
- Tuff City: Urban Change and Contested Space in Central Naples (Remapping Cultural History)
- Society in Contemporary Laos: Capitalism, Habitus and Belief (Routledge Contemporary Southeast Asia Series)
- Inequality: Darwinian Evolution and Disparity in the Wealth of Nations
- Social and Cultural Lives of Immune Systems (Theory and Practice in Medical Anthropology)
- Toward an Anthropology of the Will
Extra resources for A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Organizational Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by D. Douglas Caulkins,Ann T. Jordan