By Merrill Singer,Pamela I. Erickson
- Provides knowledgeable view of the most important issues and topics to quandary the self-discipline on account that its founding within the 1960s
- Written through best overseas students in scientific anthropology
- Covers environmental wellbeing and fitness, international well-being, biotechnology, syndemics, food, substance abuse, infectious ailment, and sexuality and reproductive well-being, and different topics
Read Online or Download A Companion to Medical Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) PDF
Similar anthropology books
What's Cultural background? has demonstrated itself as a vital consultant to what cultural historians do and the way they do it. Now absolutely up-to-date in its moment version, best historian Peter Burke deals afresh his obtainable consultant to the prior, current and way forward for cultural historical past, because it has been practised not just within the English-speaking international, but additionally in Continental Europe, Asia, South the United States and in other places.
The word “a robust paintings ethic” conjures pictures of hard-driving staff operating diligently for lengthy hours. yet the place did this excellent come from, and the way has it been buffeted through adjustments in paintings itself? whereas doubtless rooted in America’s Puritan historical past, perceptions of labor ethic have truly passed through a number of variations over the centuries.
This booklet presents an updated advent to the real and starting to be box of city anthropology. this is often an more and more serious sector of analysis, as greater than half the world's inhabitants now lives in towns and anthropological examine is more and more performed in an city context. Exploring modern anthropological ways to the city, the authors consider:How will we outline city anthropology?
Explores encounters among those that make their dwelling through undertaking street-based prostitution and the felony justice and social provider employees who attempt to curtail it Working jointly each day, the lives of intercourse employees, cops, public defenders, and social provider prone are profoundly intertwined, but their relationships are usually adverse and rooted in essentially fake assumptions.
- Measuring National Innovation Performance: The Innovation Union Scoreboard Revisited (SpringerBriefs in Economics)
- Language in Late Capitalism: Pride and Profit (Routledge Critical Studies in Multilingualism)
- The Life of the Senses: Introduction to a Modal Anthropology (Sensory Studies Series)
- Cultural Rights: Technology, Legality and Personality (International Library of Sociology)
Extra info for A Companion to Medical Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology)
A Companion to Medical Anthropology (Wiley Blackwell Companions to Anthropology) by Merrill Singer,Pamela I. Erickson