By Carolyn Ambler Walter PhD PhD LCSW,Judith McCoyd L. M. PhD LCSW QCSW
Praise for the 1st Edition:
"[This booklet] represents an important develop since it seems on the matters from a bio-psychosocial point of view. To a social employee who has labored typically in a scientific and nursing setting, it is a nice step forward."
"[Offers] valued sensitivities, wisdom, and insights, and most significantly, age-appropriate interventions for quite a number major losses....Counselors should want to continue this fundamental paintings shut at hand."
-Kenneth J. Doka, PhD, writer, Counseling people with Life-Threatening Illness
This exact textual content for undergraduate and masterís point social paintings and counseling classes on loss, grief, and bereavement is distinctive by way of its biopsychosocial standpoint and developmental framework. The ebook addresses grieving styles and intervention concepts in accordance with the lifestyles trajectory and gives scientific intervention instruments and techniques for coping in keeping with the developmental degree of somebody. It comprises losses past dying loss, with distinctive concentrate on losses relating to maturational improvement. the second one variation displays new learn that has clarified and underscored the price of theories tested within the first editionóparticularly within the parts of persisted bonds, disenfranchised grief, and ambiguous grief. It describes how grieving is inspired through organic responses to emphasize, mental responses to loss, and social norms and help networks.
The moment version comprises major new info on trauma and resilience and addresses using mindfulness practices with grief and loss. It specializes in the altering position of know-how together with expressions of grief and loss in social media and public boards. up-to-date info is supplied concerning hospice and palliative care, , in addition to housing concerns in getting older. a totally new bankruptcy examines grief and loss counseling with rising adults, and alterations within the DSM five are coated besides. extra new positive aspects comprise bankruptcy goals, dialogue questions, an instructorís guide, PowerPoint slides, and up to date resources.
New to the second one Edition:
- New details on trauma and resilience
- Using mindfulness practices with grief and loss
- Updated thought and empirical findings
- The altering position of know-how in grief
- Expressions of grief and loss in social media and public forums
- Transitions as a result of monetary and health and wellbeing changes
- Changes within the DSM 5
- New bankruptcy on rising adults (ages 18-25)
- Instructorís handbook and PowerPoint slides
- New info on hospice, palliative care and aging
- Housing concerns in aging/disability
- New details on matters dealing with younger and older US veterans and families
- Updated resources
- Chapter ambitions and dialogue questions
- Uses a developmental framework for grief and loss
- Incorporates notions of loss past dying, together with detailed maturational losses
- Integrates new grief theories with empirical findings and intervention techniques
- Utilizes neurobiological and organic details inside of a counseling text
- Focuses on non-pathologizing methods to unhappiness, loss, and grief